Certification only after passing a 1-1 portfolio review and behavioral interview.
Certificates often demonstrate skill at taking multiple choice tests. That doesn’t always translate into skill at performing the job.
As interviewers, we’ve always found that behavioral interview questions that dig into candidates’ actual experiences are much more useful as an indicator of whether someone is a good fit for the role.
That’s why this course has a large practical component, and why the certification process takes the form of a portfolio review and behavioral interview. During that interview we assess students’ grasp of design theory, their understanding of UX methods, and their ability to work on a team and deliver practical solutions.
The bar for success is whether the student would be suitable for an entry-level UX position where they could expect support and mentoring from more experienced practitioners and further on-the-job training to help them grow into a UX role.
So you can think of this certificate as a pre-screening exercise for your open UX positions.
Students who earn the certificate have demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of user research skills, interaction design concepts, information architecture and content creation abilities, and what it takes to get UX done on a team.
The taught part of the syllabus is comprised of LinkedIn Learning courses. These are high quality, highly relevant courses taught by industry professionals.
Anyone who earns this certificate has also demonstrated a level of personal discipline and tenacity that is unusual among students.
- The taught part of the course is self-guided. That means students must be self-starters who can figure things out on their own, set and maintain a learning schedule, and find answers to their questions by performing extra study.
- The project portion of the course normally involves students working together or with others in the industry. Again, students must determine their own project topics and find relevant real-world products or sites to work on.
- Students are encouraged to form study groups and project teams, so they must also be able to work with others outside their immediate circle, and often on different time zones!
Employer support we provide
- You can check whether a specific individual has indeed been certified.
- You can contact us for further details about what the course does and does not offer.
- Because the course is self-guided, we do not work closely with individual students and are unable to provide references.